Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My cup runneth over

All I can say is that my cup runneth over to the point that I feel like a water fountan. Today we had a teacher bring in her hole class of 4yr olds. There was 14 of them and out of the 14 of them 5 needed glasses. I was able to fit all 5 of them with glasses. The kids where in the clinic for around 4 hours and the hole time the teacher had them singing songs to us. Once I was fitting the kids with glasses the teacher had all the kids join in a group to say a pray thanking the Lord for the glasses that they had been blessed with. The glasses that I fit them with were way to big for them but I cut the temples down and put new temple tips on all of them. Even though the glasses looked a little big on them I was able to fit them so that they didn´t fall off their faces and they all left with great big smiles. It was such a great feeling and so amazing to see that their teacher took the time to bring the kids in.
I also saw four patients today that will be going in for cataract surgery tomorrow and was able to help out with a few dilations. I am really enjoying the fact that I am able to move around and help out in many differrent areas.
The people of Peru are so greatful for the work that we are doing here and they aren´t afraid to show their thanks. I don´t know how many times I have been kissed so far and we have only been working for three days. I am sure there are many more kisses to come.
I have also made a good friendship with my inturpriter. Her name is Marylee and she lives her in Cuzco and is just voluntering for the two weeks here. I think I am going to miss her when I am gone, she has deffenatly made a home in my heart.

I know that this is short and sweet but there is only one computer here and 58 people on our team so that means there isn`t alot of computer time. I will write again in a few days.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Sounds awesome Danielle!!! What a neat class field trip for that group of kids! We are thinking of you lots & praying for you! Love, Krista (& Joe)