Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Blessings beyound Blessings

July 15/2010 Cosco Peru

Today I had my heart broken for God´s people. I feel that I have always had a servant heart but today I learned what it means to be a true servent of God. Giving even when you have little to nothing to give.

"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any confort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from fivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves." Phil 2:1-3

Today I went to a small community outside of Cusco, a community that has been torn apart from the flood that happend in Febuary. One of the ladies that I was traceling with, who is a translator for us lives in this small town. She took us to see her family and to see her home.

All that was left standing of the home she once lived in were the four walls of their ketchin. Her whole family (7 people) now live in two small rubber tents. The tents are so thin and it makes it very hard for them to stay warm. They walked us around what used to be their home, showing us where things used to be.

After showing us what little they have they asked to stay for a meal. They showed me tru servent hearts, with what little they have they gave us lots. I had such a hard time eating the plate full of food that they had given me. My mind fought with the fact that I was eating these poor peoples food. Also the fact that I didn´t want to be rude and not eat what they had given me. So I sat there eating the food with tears rolling down my face.

As we were eating they told us about the night of the flood and how everything was washed away. The water was so high and flowing so fast that even large things were being carried away. Homes were completely washed away. They saw tables and chairs, even couches floating away. All they anamils they once had floated away with the flood waters, pigs, goats. They are left to start all over again.

I also learned tday not to judge a man by the clothes he is wearing. In this case it was a woman. Our translator Wonda, the woman that lives in this home was dressed in this gorgour suit. Meeting her in the morning I would have never guessed that she has been liging in a tent for the last 5 months. Just because people look like they have money doesn´t mean that they do. The suit that she wears may be the only peace of clothing she has. We can´t judge a book by it´s cover, and we don´t know a persons life until we walk a day in their shoes, or set and eat a meal with them and truly hear their story.

I have been truly blessed to have meet this family, and may I eat a meal again with them at God´s table.

2 comments:

Krista said...

What a story about the family & the flood they experienced! I can only imagine what it must have been like to have a meal with them! I had to hold back the tears after reading that story! Sounds like an incredible experience so far Danielle!

Mom & Dad said...

We are so proud of your giving heart Danielle, God is shining through your beautiful face and showing His love to all that met you. We look forward to seeing you soon and hearing more of His incredible work through you. Hugs, Mom