Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Getting Ready

The song "Leaving on a Jet Plane" is running through my head, the only thing is that my bags are not packed and I am not yet ready to go. So much to do so little time. Ok, so it might not have been a good idea to work six days a week for the next three weeks before I go, but at least I will have a little extra spending money.

Where am I going you ask yourself?

Well the answer to that great question is...... Peru (Cuzco).

Why am I going?

Answer: To give sight to the blind. No No No I am not some great miracle worker, but with the help of others I will be helping many of the people of Peru to see.

I started planning for the trip back in October. I wasn't really sure it was going to happen but I am now only 24 sleeps away from getting on an international flight to Peru. With the help from friends and family I am getting to see a dream of mine come true.

For the last three months I have been doing some fund-raising for this trip and I am so thankful  to all those who have helped out. My fund Raising has consisted of selling Simple Simon Pies and making aprons ( I think my fingers are still bleeding from all the aprons I have made). I have also been bless with many generous donations. I will be able to share the love that people have show me with the people of Peru.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped. I would like to thank my parents for their support and for their some what willingness to let me go off on my own. I would like to thank my co-workers for all their support, with out you guys there would have never been any pie or apron sales. I would like to thank my cousin Cindy for all of her help in collecting glasses to take with me. I would also like to send a shout out to Hillside school for the great job in collecting glasses. The people of Peru will be forever thankful. Also to my oh so willing twin brother, thank you for saying yes to climbing Machu Picchu with me. I have a feeling we are not going to know what hit us. Just a note Mckenzie you may want to bring some A535 because I think you may need to use it after day 1 of hiking.

I look forward to sharing the stories and pictures of this great journey ahead. I may not be able to write every day but I will try my best. Before I go I would like to share more about what we will be doing in Cuzco, so stay tuned for that.

No comments: